Before you book your next flight, find out what it’s going to cost you for a carry-on (for real), choice of seat (uh-huh), a pillow (we're not making this up), and other former freebies.
River Cruising allow passengers to experience multiple, memorable destinations in a short amount of time all while travelling the world’s most famous, historic rivers.
1. Daily Discoveries--River cruises stop at new ports almost daily offering passengers an itinerary full of unique destinations to discover.
2. Scenic Sailing--Looking to unwind on the water while taking in the sights? While river cruise lines do not spend a full day cruising, there is typically no shortage of time to take in the beautiful scenery when passing through scenic stretches such as the Danube's Wachau Valley and the Rhine's River Gorge.
3. All-Inclusive— Most food, beverages, and often excursions are included in the overall price, allowing travelers to enjoy a decadent vacation without the stress of planning every detail and pinching every penny.
4. One-of-a-Kind Experiences--With access to narrow ports and through shallow waterways, river cruising offers a cruise for travelers who love to experience new cultures, visit historical sites, and relax in cruise luxury.
5. Maximum Return on Experience --River cruises offer a fantastic return on experience and investment, by allowing the chance to see multiple destinations under one price tag.
6. Local Tastes and Cultures--Travelers get whisked away and drenched in local cultures with unique excursions and culinary experiences available only on river cruises, including authentic experiences at historical sites and tasting culinary masterpieces made with locally sourced ingredients.
7. Love for Luxe--River cruises offer an exclusive, luxurious option for travelers. A smaller vessel means a more intimate vacation setting with staff focused on each guest.
8. New Options--River cruising allows travelers to visit more intimate corners of the world and experience lands previously thought hard to get to by cruise, such as pockets along the Mekong and Amazon Rivers.
When you decide to take a river cruise, all of the specifics are taken off your shoulders. As your Travel Consultant, I’ll make all the phone calls, arrange the travel accommodations, handle the payments. All you and your family has to do is show up and enjoy the cruise!
In simple terms, Wave Season is like Black Friday — except three months long, and for cruises.
Peaceful and scenic, that's what river cruising offers. A smooth, gentle ride along the world’s most remarkable waterways. Ultimate comfort and convenience make it the premier way to experience magnificent cities, historic villages and little-seen enclaves. From your stateroom balcony, you get to see endless natural beauty combined with the changing views of the colorful local scenery. Castles and fortresses tower on both sides, as if you could reach out and touch them. When your ship docks in the heart of town, stroll ashore for included excursions or set off to explore on a complimentary bike. All you have to do is unpack once then settle in as each destination comes to you. Discover a sense of adventure and a sense of home all in one vacation.
Point to point tickets or passes? Are reservations mandatory? Where and when are seat assignments required? First class or second class?
Europe's extensive rail system makes getting around easy and quick but picking the right ticket options and knowing the rules can be challenging. Here are 5 things to consider when navigating the world of European rail.
This is something very special. An inland cruise experience that combines picturesque towns, opulent palaces, fascinating history and dramatic scenery in Eastern Europe! Life aboard your luxurious river ship is carefree while dining is a delight, capped off with regional specialties and fine wine. River cruising is a superb way to experience this intriguing region.
Over two thousand miles southwest of Hawaii, a lush archipelago rises out of the Pacific. In American Samoa—meaning sacred Earth—legends dating back hundreds of years permeate the air, land, and sea. Several versions of these stories exist today, their details obscured through generations of oral folklore. However, all reveal a central theme in Samoan cosmology: the interdependence between humans and their environment. >>Read more
River cruising is a rapidly growing industry in the United States, and we couldn’t be more excited about it! While there are several companies you could choose to travel with, let us try to convince you why cruising with American Queen Steamboat Company is the best choice!
If you have already been on a cruise once in your life, then you already know why they are such a wonderful value for the money. For your next cruise though, I'd like to suggest making it a group getaway. Let's take a quick look at the top 10 reasons why a group cruise works for everyone.
Are you one of those people who plans for a cruise as far in advance as possible? If not, you really might want to change that. Traveling by way of a cruise is continuing to grow in popularity, and if 2018 will be the year of cruising for you, you should start planning now. Here are just a few reasons why if you haven't done so already you should make the plans for next year's cruise now: